Quote by Edgar Allen Poe
Day Fifteen: My Dreams
I quite like this topic. I spend a good portion of my day dreaming about what the future holds (or what I wish it would hold. As much as I would love to randomly meet Colin Firth one day in a serendipitous and cheesy romantic way and have him fall madly in love with me, I don’t think that’s going to happen, sadly), so I know I have quite a lot to write on this subject. I won’t bore you with the little things, but here are some big dreams of mine. They are in no particular order, with the exceptions of one, two and three.
1. Fall in love. Get married. Have kids. Get a house with a white picket fence. Be a soccer mom. Or whatever kind of sport my kids want to do.
2. Have a book published. Even better dream: Have many, many books published and become a famous author. (To be clear though, I don’t want to be the next Stephanie Meyer. I actually want to write meaningful literature.)
3. I want to visit every continent. Antarctica included.
4. Change the world somehow, I just don’t know how yet.
5. Be able to say my life has been better than any book or movie I’ve read or seen.
6. Skydive. They may have to push me out of the plane, but I’m doing it.
7. Skinny dip… Yep.
8. Pull a fire alarm. You already knew that one though. I dope one day I get to for a reason so I don’t have to commit a felony.
9. Become fluent in another language. I just finished my requirements for a foreign language at school, but I’m not sure I want to continue it right now.
10. Have a movie moment in my life. AKA: a really cheesy, this-can’t-be-real-this-only-happens-in-the-movies-and-yet-it-is-happening-to-me kind of moment. Example: Any climactic scene from any chick flick you can think of. Especially Love Actually, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Pride and Prejudice or any other Jane Austen novel/movie adaptation.
Well those are ten of my dreams. I know most of them are silly, but most dreams are. It’s the silliness that makes them great though. We can dare to dream big, because no matter how big or small or rational or irrational they may be, they are what keep us going. I have no idea if I will ever conquer one of these things on this short list, but I hope I do. Even if I don’t it’s still pleasant to
think dream about. After all, a dream is a wish your heart makes.